How to Make Refreshing Summer Drinks at Home
Howdy Foodie !
Summer is finally here and summer sun has become really unforgiving to us. It’s not just uncomfortable staying outside in this scorching heat but it is also uncomfortable to stay inside too. Having a cool and refreshing drinks for summer can be really comforting in this sweltering summer. So I thought of sharing few of my favourite concoctions for quenching summer thirsts that I have been having since childhood. Also I will tell you, how to make refreshing summer drink at home. So that you can make for yourselves. These summer quenchers will not just satiate you but these are also easy and quick to make. Let’s get started with the recipe:-
How to Make Refreshing Summer Drinks at Home – The Recipe
Iced tea is one of my most preferred drinks for summer. This is so not just because it is extremely refreshing but also because I am an Indian and we Indians have a thing for tea. Isn’t it? But preparing it is not just as easy as pouring tea in an ice packed glass. It has few simple and quick steps that you can follow and can make your own glass of refreshing and hydrating Iced Tea.
Follow these simple steps to make a glass of Iced tea:-
- Take saucepan and pour a cup of water in it. Now add 1-2 tablespoon of sugar (as per your taste, you can replace sugar with honey if you are a fitness freak).
- Once it starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon of tea into this boiling water. Do not make a strong tea as iced tea doesn’t need to be strong else you won’t be able to get other flavours.
- Now strain this tea and keep it aside to bring it to normal room temperature.
- Take a glass. Add ice cubes in your glass. Add 2-3 slices of lemon and 4-5 mint leaves. You can crush lemon and mint a little if you want a stronger flavour of lemon and mint.
- Pour the tea (only when it is in room temperature) into the glass of ice cubes, lemon and mint leaves.
- Give it a quick stir. And your Iced tea is ready.
You can make iced tea by replacing lemon with peaches also. It will then be peach Iced tea. Let’s make another drink now…
Aam Panna is a very popular Indian drink made with raw mangoes. This is consumed during summers by almost every Indians because of its heat resistant properties. Let’s see how can we make Aam Panna easily at home:-
- Cut a raw mango into pieces. Discard the seed. Boil the mango pieces.
- Now put these boiled raw mango into a blender. With this add 4-5 tablespoon of sugar (You can replace sugar with honey). Blend this into a fine paste. Strain away if any fibre present.
- Take a glass. Add ice cubes and add 3 tablespoon of this raw mango mixture into it. Now add water to dilute.
- Add 1/3 tbsp of roasted cumin powder, 1/3 tbsp of black salt and 1/3 tbsp of common salt.
- Give it a quick stir and your glass of aam panna is ready.
I also have similar recipes like pineapple panna and imli (Tamarind) panna. So let’s make Imli Panna now….
The quintessential Imli Panna is very popular amongst Indian women due to its tangy flavour that is loved by almost all Indian women. At least I can simply not resist the burst of tamarind flavour in my mouth. So let me share my most favourite Imli panna recipe with you so that you can make it too at your home and know why exactly I am obsessed with this drink:-
- Soak handful of tamarind in water along with 2 tablespoon of raisins for an hour.
- After an hour discard seeds and fibres of tamarind and take out the pulp of tamarind only.
- Put the tamarind and soaked raisins into a blender. Add 4-5 tbsp of sugar ( alternatively you can add jaggery) and blend this into a fine paste.
- Take a glass and add ice cubes into it. Add 3 tablespoon of the tamarind paste in the glass. Now add water to dilute.
- With this add 1/3 tbsp of roasted cumin powder, 1/3 tbsp of black salt and 1/3 tbsp of common salt.
- Give it a quick stir and your Imli Patna is ready.
The last drink recipe that I will share with you is of Cold Coffee…
Let’s see step by step process of making cold coffee that will take less than 5 minutes:-
- Take a blender and add a glass of chilled milk. Put 2 tbsp of sugar, 2 scoops of ice-cream and 1 tbsp of coffee powder.
- Blend it really well.
- Now take a glass. Add chocolate syrup into the glass.
- Pour the cold coffee that we have blended.
- Top it with chocolate syrup and chocolate powder.
So I have shared how to make refreshing summer drinks at home quickly with very less ingredients. Try them at your home and share it with your friends and family. I have added the video for these recipes. You can watch them for better understanding. Try them and let me know in comment section below of this blog and in my youtube video’s comment section. Please show some love by subscribing to my channel, liking the videos, sharing and commenting.
I’ll come up with some cool recipes and food tale again….