How to Make Moringa Tea
Its Mother’s Day and therefore I will tell you today how to make Moringa tea. So that this Mother’s Day you can give your mother the gift of good health. Moringa Tea is made of the leaf that we get out of Moringa tree. This tree is considered to be miracle or divine tree because of its several health benefits that we will discuss later. Moringa Tree or popularly known as the drumstick tree. The entire tree is edible, so you can eat the flowers, moringa leaves, the pods (drumsticks), the seeds, the roots. You can also use moringa oil for cooking or even for cosmetic uses.
But instead of having moringa any other way I thought why not instil a habit into my Mum’s regime. So I thought of Moringa Tea that she can have instead of her regular tea. However you can have moringa as powder or even pills if you want to have it every single day. But you might just skip it if you have it in powder or pills form. Therefore if you have this tea instead of regular tea, you will get the essential nutrients of moringa every single day.
What are the Benefits of Moringa Leaves
Moringa originally is native to the foothills of Himalayas which is Northern India but today it is grown around the world. Moringa is anti-asthmatic, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. There are health claims of moringa leaves that gram-for-gram Moringa has:-
- 4 times the calcium present in milk
- Thrice the potassium present in bananas
- Twice the protein present in milk
- 4 times the vitamin present in carrot
- 7 times the vitamin C present in oranges
- Thrice the vitamin E present in almonds
- 25 times the iron present in spinach
- 36 times the magnesium present in eggs
It is also rich in vitamin B2, B3, polyphenol, amino-acid. So you now know why it is important to add this superfood in our daily life. Moringa Tea helps in weight loss, helps in better working of cardiovascular system, helps you get clear and firmer skin, it is an instant energy booster, it is anti-diabetic, it is good for lactating mother and it is also good for brain health. Now let’s just straight-away get into the recipe and know how we can make this tea and have everyday.
How to Make Moringa Tea – The Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon stick or 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of green tea
- 1/4th cup of moringa leaves
- Take a saucepan or a kettle and add 2 cups of water (I made 2 Cups of tea, one for me and one for mum)
- Once it starts boiling add a teaspoon of Cinnamon sticks (alternatively you can add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder instead)
- Now add 1/2 a teaspoon of grated ginger into this water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Bring the flame to low heat and add a teaspoon of green tea and 1/4th cup of moringa leaves.
- Again bring it to a rolling boil.
- You can now strain and pour the tea into two cups.
Voila! Moringa Tea is ready…
Watch the video for better understanding of how you can make your own cup of tea.
P.S:- Apart from Moringa Tea you can also have Detox Water for a healthy lifestyle.