How to Make Shahi Tukda in 15 Minutes
Eid has always been special for me. May be because of the delicious food that Nasreen Aunty (my Mother’s friend) used to stuff my mouth with. So the other day I went down the memory lane to one such Eid when I was sitting in the couch of Nasreen Aunty’s lavish living room and relishing the yumminess spread around the centre table. Not realising what it was I stuffed my mouth with a dollop of creamy yet crunchy dessert. “How do you make these! Aunty?” I slurred. To which Aunty replied “Come I’ll teach you how to make Shahi Tukda in 15 minutes”. That’s when I learnt what Shahi Tukda is…
Recipe- How to Make Shahi Tukda aka Double ka Meetha in 15 Minutes:-
Ingredients:- (For 4 Servings)
- Sugar Syrup- A Cup of Water, 1 Cup Sugar and 1/2 Tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- Rabdi- 2 Cups of Milk, 4 Tbsp of Condensed Milk and 1/2 Tsp of Cardamom Powder.
- Tukda- Tukda is nothing but the fried pieces of bread. 8 slices of Bread and Vegetable Oil or Ghee for frying.
- To make sugar syrup, all you need to do is add a cup of water with a cup of sugar in a saucepan and bring it to a rolling boil. Now bring the burner to medium flame and add the cardamom powder and again bring it to a rolling boil.
- After that, start making rabdi. For Rabdi pour milk in a pan and bring it to a boil. Then add condensed milk and cardamom powder. You can add saffron strands and kewda water/rose water into this if you wish. Keep stirring in medium flame till reduced to 1/3rd of the milk quantity. The consistency of rabdi for shahi tukda is thinner than when it is served on its own.
- For tukdas, remove the sides of the bread and cut the bread slices in such a way that they look as two triangles. Now pour oil/ghee into a pan and shallow fry the bread slices till they are crisp and golden brown on each sides. Dip these bread slices in the sugar syrup that you already have prepared for 10 seconds. (If you want to eat a little crispy shahi tukdas then dip the bread slices in sugar syrup just before you serve. Because sugar syrup makes the tukdas a little soggy).
- Finally its time to arrange all of them. So for that, arrange 4 triangular fried bread slices (for 1 serving) and add rabdi on it. Now garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds. You can also add few rose petals or saffron strands on it for garnishing.
Watch the video:-
Similar recipe:- http://www.debsgastronomy.com/roti-malpua/