How to Make Turmeric Tea at Home
Turmeric a flowering plant, curcuma longa of ginger family, used for cooking and also has medicinal properties. The most powerful properties amongst them are that it is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Ancient Ayurveda is the reason why we put spices in our food. Most noteworthy fact of spices according to Ayurveda is that it treats each dosha (one of three substance that is vata, pitta and kapha, present in human body). Turmeric is one such spice. Although we Indians have it almost everyday because that is how we cook. But having it in the form of Turmeric Tea everyday has actually been helping me in losing my belly fat. So let’s see how to make Turmeric Tea at home and what are it’s other benefits.
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1 Tsp of Ground Turmeric
- 1 Tsp of Grated Ginger
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- Honey (as needed)
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Add the ginger, cinnamon stick (you can also alternatively use cinnamon powder) and cardamom pods.
- Bring it to a rolling boil and then let it simmer for 5 more minutes. Strain and pour it in your cup.
- Add honey to your cup of tea as needed (I like having 1 Tbsp of Honey in 1 Cup of Tea).
Different people have different version of making turmeric tea. However this is my version of making it. You can add ground black pepper and lemon juice to it if you wish.
When should you avoid Turmeric Tea:-
This tea is not advisable for pregnant woman. And it is always advisable to check with your doctor before incorporating any herb or any regime into your life, especially when you are on any certain medication. As they say, excess of anything is not good likewise having turmeric in excess can cause gastrointestinal discomfort. I however have it once a day.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea
- Reduces the symptoms of Arthritis.
- It is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant.
- Helps in reducing cardiovascular problems.
- Helps in preventing and treating cancer.
- Boosts immunity.
- Promotes better digestion.
- Prevents diabetes.
- Helps in weight loss.
Apart from above stated benefits there are many other benefits too. You can also watch the video to learn how to make turmeric tea at home.
Also learn How to Make Moringa Tea.